I am Steven Galante, and this is my personal space on the web.
GPG key ID: 03227468
GPG key fingerprint: 6025 120D 6CCC CD87 8B5E A850 5D45 3FD5 0322 7468
Tara Dowdell Group | Jersey City, NJ
Pubic Relations Manager (June 2018 – Present)
Manage a public relations staff of two with a full-service PR, design, and marketing firm.
- Coordinate the development and execution of client deliverables in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Provide clients with media consultation in service of developing PR campaigns to support business or organizational objectives.
- Secured placement in local, state, and national media, including The New York Times, Financial Times, and Washington Post, El Paso Times, Denver Post, Star-Ledger, The Record.
- Experienced at conducting media training seminars for non-profit executives, and elected and appointed government officials.
The Citizens Campaign | Metuchen, NJ
Communications Coordinator (Nov. 2015 – June 2018)
Oversaw community and stakeholder outreach as well as securing press.
- Managed all aspects of communications and marketing strategies — press conferences, media releases, media outreach, social media — for a $2 million statewide civic awareness campaign called “The Civic Challenge.”
- Cultivated and maintained relationships with community leaders and journalists.
- Managed public relations including organizing a nonpartisan televised gubernatorial debate.
NJ Tech Weekly | Remote
Reporter (Oct. 2013 – Nov. 2015)
Contributing writer for New Jersey’s only technology-focused publication.
- Covered technology and business-related news and events around the state.
- Wrote 2 of the Top 10 Most Popular Pieces list for NJ Tech Weekly in 2014 and 2015.
The Progress | Caldwell, NJ
Staff Writer (Nov. 2008 – Aug. 2012)
Reporter covering 6 western Essex County, New Jersey municipalities.
- Covered a range of areas — breaking news, government, police, business, education — as a full-time general assignment reporter and photographer for a readership of 10,000+.
- Oversaw the launch and management of all social media accounts, attracting 2,000+ followers within the first year.
- First place award for news writing with the New Jersey Press Association in 2011.
- Communications Co-chair, 2018 – 2021, New Leaders Council – New Jersey
- Fellow, 2018, New Leaders Council – New Jersey
- Henry J. Raimondo Legislative Fellow, 2014, Rutgers University, Eagleton Institute of Politics
- Intern, January – May 2014, New Jersey Office of Legislative Services
- M.P.A.P., 2022, Rutgers University, Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy, New Brunswick, NJ
- M.A. (Communications and Information Studies), 2014, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
- B.A. (Political Science and Philosophy), 2009, Montclair State University, Montclair, NJ